Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Sad Goodbye...

Friday was a sad day for my family. We lost our girl, Amira, after almost 16 years to pneumonia. She was very much a member of the family, my mum's shadow, and a great source of comfort to us all.
She loved raw carrots, broccoli and zucchini, munching on apple cores, and if you blew kissy-noises at her she would come over and give you a kiss.
She enjoyed sitting on a chair at the dining room table to watch us eat as part of the family, and never failed to make us laugh. She will be well remembered and dearly missed.

8 comments:

  1. I'm almost in tears right now. I am such an animal person and whenever we have to say goodbye to a loved one - it is so, so hard. I'm sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. It is very hard, and she was only one month off her 16th birthday. At least she had a long and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww no, how very sad! I can see that she meant a lot to you and your family. I'm very sorry about your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorraine, it's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for you loss... I have never had pets myself..but understand how do u feel losing family member..

    Ps.she seems so healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ja - those pictures are from a little over a year ago so she was more healthy then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so sorry for your loss :( she lived a great 16 years though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jaime - we were very blessed to have her for so long! I was only 12 when we got her!

    ReplyDelete